There are many ways you can be a part of the miraculous process of turning tiny puppies into confident and mature Service Dogs. Of course, you don't have to be a dog handler at all to help. Do you enjoy organizing and promoting events, asking for gift donations, writing grants, graphic design, or just helping out? ECAD has volunteer opportunities for you too.
HOME for the Weekend Program:
Love dogs, but to busy to be a full-time dog owner? Not sure if a dog is right for your family? Then the Home for the Weekend Program is right for you! ECAD offers a unique opportunity where you are able to take a dog home on a part time basis. For our ECAD, you help us teach the dog proper house manners, socialize the dogs to new surroundings, and reinforce basic obedience skills.
Community Outreach & Events
Summer and Fall are the busiest times for the ECAD family, we are always on the go, raising local awareness, recruiting volunteers and fundraising. There are lots of opportunties waiting for you!
Experience & Expertise
- Help set up or break down booths, hand out brochures, take donations, talk to members of the public, handle dogs or puppies, etc. Events include parades, dog shows, demonstrations, disability fairs, or Family Fun Day.
- Organize Service Dog demonstrations at local events or for school, religious, business, or service groups.
- Drive the ECAD bus for community events or training field trips with clients and/or student trainers. (CDL license with passenger endorsement required)
- Help out with client-based events such as team training and graduation. Needs include preparing rooms for clients' arrival, organizing a welcome breakfast or lunch, creating and sending out graduation invitations, decorating, or organizing a graduation dinner.
- Obtaining financial donations or gifts-in-kind from individuals, groups, or businesses.
- Grant Writing- Help us obtain funding for new and existing programs. (Experience required).
- Facility Improvements are always appreciated at our training centers. Needs include covered outdoor runs, wheelchair friendly landscaping, storage facilities, paving, etc. Some projects will also require volunteers to raise funds or obtain supplies through donations.
- Video editing/graphic design- Help create promotional and training videos, a new ECAD brochure, or ECAD merchandise (t-shirts, cards, calendars, etc.).
- Internet guru/ Database specialists.