Do you love dogs and being around them? Do you want to see people in need of a Service Dog receive the well-trained dog they deserve? Then the Youth Volunteer Program may be right for you! Here at ECAD, we need volunteers to help us care for our dogs and facilities where we house and train future Service Dogs.
What things will you be doing?
- Cleaning the kennel and crates
- Grooming dogs
- Exercising dogs
- Scooping poop
- And anything else that needs to be completed to ensure the health and welfare of the Service Dogs in Training
When are the volunteer hours?
Currently we are offering this volunteer opportunity on Saturdays and Sundays in three hour shifts from 9am - 12 noon OR 1pm - 4pm. (These are subject to change)
Youth Volunteer Requirements
- Must be between 12-18 years of age
- Be able to follow directions with limited supervision
- Be available on the weekends for a 3 hour shift
- Have reliable transportation and can easily make it to our Torrington, CT campus
- Can commit for a minimum 6 months
What is the process?
1. Complete the volunteer application here
2. Participate in a Phone interview
3. Attend an Orientation
Whether you have service learning requirements through your school/organization or you’re just motivated to volunteer because you like dogs, there may be a place for you here at ECAD. Please note, this is a learn to work volunteer opportunity, where you will learn how to perform kennel responsibilities and basic care for dogs.